Asheville Prime Timers
Alternate Meeting Place
St. Mary's Church Parish Hall
337 Charlotte St
Turn right on street just past the church and Park in the lot in back of Parish Hall.
** Note Church school lets out at 6:00PM, parking not available until between
6:15 and 6:30.
Meeting begins at 6:30 PM
Social Hour from 7:45 till 8:30PM
for this month's meeting
Weekly Events Prime Timers invited to participate
January 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27 Tuesdays - Asheville Men's Coffee Club, (meets every Tuesday) at Edna's of Asheville 870 Merrimon Ave. 9:00 Am All are invited to attend contact Rick at email@example.com
January 31, February 7, 14, 21, 28 Wednesdays - Gathering At The Social Lounge (Every Wednesday) This is an informal gathering of Asheville gay men for socializing and conversation from 6:00 on. The Social Lounge, 29 Broadway Downtown.
Wednesdays LGBTQ Walk It Out is on hiatus until Spring.
Special Events for Prime Timers
February 10, Saturday -Cantaria Dinner Cabaret - February 10.
The Place: Morris Hellinic Center Center 227 Cumberland Ave, (Montford Neighborhood)
Asheville, NC 28801 Doors open at 6:30 PM Dinner is at 7:00 PM
Ticket Prices: Individual Tickets $45 (Still available) For more information, details, and links go to GayAshevilleNc HERE February 11, Sunday - Asheville Mardi Gras Parade. The most anticipated Parade in Asheville, a bit of everything and not to miss. This year it moves to South Slope with more viewing areas and bigger parade. Parade begins at 3:05. For full information, parade map and viewing areas go to PARADE
February 12, Monday - Prime Timers Trivia Night (Will meet every 2nd Monday of the month) We will participate as a group at O.Henry's 237 Haywood St, Asheville, NC 28801 for fun and prizes. Time: 7:00 - 9:00 PM.
February 19, Monday - Dine A Round Prime Timers will join Asheville Supper Club at Juicy Lucy’s 620 Hendersonville Rd. Asheville 28803 Time: 6:30 PM Please RSVP so we know the count for seating.
February 25, Sunday - Prime Timers Lazoom Haunted Bus Tour - A very funny tour, unlike their regular comedy tour. Special member reduced rate just $10.00
Sign up and more information Cancelled till Spring
Future Events in 2018 to Look Forward to Attending:
• Les Ballets Trockadero - Tuesday February 13- Diana Wortham Theater Time: 8:00 PM Join fellow Prime Timers as we enjoy the most fun you will ever have at the ballet. Known adoringly as “The Trocks,” this irreverent and hilarious troupe brings its unique brand of polished parody to Diana Wortham Theatre for the first time. The divas and cavaliers of the all-male company blend their loving knowledge of classical and modern ballet, their comic approach, and the astounding fact that men can, indeed, dance en pointe. Tickets are still available (purchase separately) at Theater
• St. Patrick's Day Dinner - March 17
• Winter Movies
• Winery Tasting and Tour - Spring
• Combined Group Event with Knoxville Prime Timers Chapter
• Spring Trip to Dollywood and Festival of Nations - March /April
• Spring Trolley Ride in Woodfin with picnic - April
• Return to Cherokee for visit to Oconaluftee Indian Living Village
Special Senior Activity Resources for Prime Timers:
Look on calendar of GayAshevilleNc for complete information on dates and times. LGBTQ Book Club meets first Monday of Month at Malaprops Book Store 55 Haywood St.Downtown Asheville.
Hiking: Gay Mountain Adventurers- (formed by number of Prime Timers) for information go to Meet UP. Site info has changed.
LGBT Elder Advocates Movie Night - First Tuesday of every month at the Carolina Theater; special prices for more information Contact Rowan Lischerelli, 828-301-2820